Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dear Emery

Today you are 2 years old. I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by!

I play the day you were born over and over in my head all the time. You made me a mama. I look at you in awe everyday that you are half me and half your daddy. You are the most perfect little boy and so very handsome.

If you had asked me 2 years ago what an excavator was I wouldn't have been able to identify one from a group of machinery. I never would have imagined that I would soon be so excited to see excavators, bull dozers, jeeps, hummers, slug bugs and gangos (durangos).

You are incredibly smart. You've been so advanced for your age that I always just look at you like you are the smartest little boy. For just turning 2 it amazes me all the things you can say. You communicate so well with us and everyone. You are always complimented by strangers on how clearly you speak. You are getting really good at your colors, identifying so many things I never dreamed a 2 year old could.

You have only been a big brother for a little over 3 weeks but you are so loving and gentle. You make me so proud to see what a kind and gentle little boy we have raised.

We have hit the stage of tantrums and boy are they a doozy! You understand what we're saying and communicate but you get so set in your way and what you want that you refuse to listen to us and to chill out. It gets so frustrating but I know that this will pass.

I love watching you play with your brothers, especially Ethan. You love to RACE! and you say "3, 2, 1, GOOO!" and you run the yellow hummer down the hallway. You love to be a big boy and do the stuff that your brothers do including playing games. You constantly want to play War, Slap Jack and whatever game is out that everyone else is playing. You are definitely our child and love games.

You love to snuggle with your daddy and I love to just secretly watch you two together. It's crazy how you alone made me fall so much more in love with your daddy. You and myself are so lucky to have him in our life and I hope that as you get older and possibly rebellious that you realize how amazing your daddy is and you will look up to him and grow up to be a good, hardworking man like he is.

You are such a good sleeper, you go down to bed and roll over onto your side and call out "love you too" to me as I close the door. I love our little goodnights. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night missing you and just want to go drag you into bed with me for the all too rare snuggles.

I tell you I love you constantly. You make me want to rip my hair out some days but then when I see your big blue eyes and cheesey smiles I just melt a little and realize someday I will want those crazy insane hair pulling days back. I love when I tell you that I love you and you then tell everyone else that you love them. If Ethan doesn't answer you get louder and louder until he hears you and says he loves you back. It's silly little things like this that I never want to forget. Along with markles that are marbles and tater pops that are tater tots and that you laugh all obnoxious and cheesey when you realize that we think you are funny. You are so proud of yourself being a little ham and you laugh at yourself.

I hope that you continue to not take things so seriously, that when things may get hard that you still laugh at yourself once in awhile. Yet all the while I hope you stay the observant and cautious boy that you are. I am sure you meld those together perfectly and make me even more proud as your mama.

I'm not sure what else to say, I'll think of the perfect things to add to this once it's published I'm sure. I just want you to know how incredibly much I/we love you. We are so blessed to have you in our life, for all the laughs and smiles, hugs and kisses you give us everyday. Thank you for being the perfect little addition to our family, for making me a mama and being such a wonderful big brother. I love you so much Mister!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Hope all is well...I've been a TERRIBLE blogger lately!

    PS - I too can name just about every construction vehicle out there. Guess it comes with the territory!

    ReplyDelete