Thursday, February 14, 2013

Dear Emery,

Oh Mister Emery,

Today you are 22 months. That is 2 months shy of 2 years old. I can't even believe how quickly the time has flown by.

You have been one handful of crazy lately.

Lots of yelling, lots of boy noises like growling and rawr'ing. You are starting to develop that little imagination as I can hear you making car noises and explaining what your cars are doing like crashing or jumping.

You are obsessed with games. You demand to play Life which you call the "rolled it game" because you get to roll dice. The game doesn't even dice. You are thinking of kid's trivial pursuit or monopoly. Either way it's cute to see you so passionate about helping.

You daddy said that the other day he was sweeping the kitchen and you saw the dust pan and must have thought it was a shovel. You ran into your room to get your little yellow beach shovel and then ran around the house finding any little scraps or leaves from my plants to put in it and dump it in garbage.

You still love helping put things in the garbage but refuse to clean up your toys. Our house is a constant disaster along with your room because toys are EVERYWHERE. It drives me bonkers and we are going to organize your room and close the door so you can't have toys scattered everywhere. You'll have to put one back before you can get another. You also demand to throw your dirty diaper outside. Once we get it in the little sealed bag you make us hand it to you and you carry it to the door and nicely set it right outside.

The thought of your brothers coming home makes you excited. If I ask you "who comes home today?" You shout "BRUDDERS!" You just adore them, especially Ethan. I think it's because you get all day with him and you guys play cars together. Nathan doesn't enjoy that stuff so you don't have that connection with him. He jumps at the chance to read to you and sometimes you cooperate.

Someday's books are your favorite thing and you snuggle up to me and we read all the "if you give a _____ a _____" books. You will get obsessed with some books and just make me or daddy reread them all afternoon. You like the Teddy bear teddy bear turn around book, goodnight moon, a book we got from WIC that is just the ABC's and shows all the fruits and vegetables for every letter.

You have recently shown a big interest in movies. You will watch The Lorax or Ice Age 4 and you laugh. You love in The Lorax when the little boy comes out of swimming and he glows green. You always giggle and it just cracks me up that you have a sense of humor.

Somedays being your mommy is such a struggle as you are so strong willed. You want it your way or no way. You get reallllly dramatic about stuff. You will look at us when you're told to do something and refuse to do it. Time outs don't bother you at all, a little swat on the bum you fake cry for a couple "sobs" and then you're back to being a shit head. Sometimes I feel like my head is going to explode and I cannot wait for your bedtime. As soon as you're in bed though I feel bad for being short tempered and just want to go scoop you out of bed and snuggle with you.

You have been a little sick lately and have been extra snuggly. I used to have to beg for snuggles but now you willingly crawl up next to me, grab my arm and hold on tight. I love all these extra loves before your sissy gets here and our time will be more divided. At nap or bedtime if we say it's time to get in bed you say "nuggle?" because you don't want to go. You run to the couch and snuggle up in my spot. Sometimes we give in and let you snuggle for a few minutes because we know someday these days will be gone.

You had your first haircut with the clippers. I left the top long as I can't bare to get rid of that white gold hair. You look like such a big boy now. I look back at your baby photos and my heart aches that you're no longer that little baby but a rambunctious, outgoing, life loving little boy.

You love helping go through sissy's clothes and anything pink and you say "cuuuuute". You still love kissing my belly. If I say "ow" you ask "sissy?" I say yes and you say "sissy crazy" because I've told you before she is going crazy in my belly. I never thought you would show interest or even understand the concept of a baby in my belly but you do.

It amazes me all the things you understand. You can see a rock on a movie and say "big rock, very heavy", see steam or fog and say "hot, danger". I explain things to you once and it just clicks and you talk about it next time you say it. You are just a brilliant little boy to me. Your vocabulary has exploded more so than your 200+ words at just over a year old. Everywhere we go people always make comments about how you talk SO well and they can understand everything you say.

You demand your vitamins everyday and until just the last week you haven't been sick in almost a year.

You love when daddy throws you in the air. You always count down, "3, 2, un, go!" and laugh hysterically while you're flying in the air. 

Your f's are pronounced s's. So when we tell you that something is fancy, like you wearing your sunglasses you say "Emery so sancy!" You have socks that have froggy "foot prints" on the bottom and you say that you have "soggy seat".  Fast is "sast", fish is "sish", fart is "sart or shart" which makes daddy and I laugh all the time.

You're obsessed with "mocha's". We stopped to get a coffee a month or two ago and you heard me order a mocha. Now whenever we go by Dutch Brother's you start shouting "mocha!" You come out of your room with a cup from your kitchen and you had me a cup and say "mocha, coffee. Drink coffee!" Sometimes I will make you a little chocolate milk and tell you that it's Emery's mocha. I don't know how it comes to mind but I'll hear you playing in brudders room and you start chanting "mocha!" It's the silliest thing to hear a kid your age talking about mocha's.

If we head down the road toward grandma' and papa's you start asking if we're going to Pamma's. You will pick up the phone and say "hello, pamma? Pamma, hello." like you're talking to my mom. You know that Pamma in MT is on the phone and daddy's mom is the Pamma whose house we go play out. You LOVE your pamma's and it makes me so happy. You are blessed to have the pamma's you do who spoil you and love you so much.

You have become obsessed with baf's (bath's) and demand you take one with me. You also demand a showda even though you can't stand being rained on. You have mastered getting your hair washed which your 4 year old brother still can't even handle. I tell you to look at the sky and you tip your head perfectly so I can wet and rinse your bubbly head.

Everything to you is "awesome". You see something you like or something that you or someone else does and you shout "awesome!"

You know when things are naughty and even though you don't listen or follow directions you like to correct everyone else. In one of your books about papa's you always find the picture of the little girl standing on a chair in the kitchen and you immediately say "NO NO! Sit Down."

Brushing is still one of your favorite things. I think you just enjoy doing anything that mommy, daddy or brudders do. You want to brush your teef whenever we do. You want to play games, read, or do anything that we do.

If I ask you "Emery guess what?" You say "MUUUUCH!" because I always tell you that I love you so much. You love saying "luh you" to everyone. You look at every person individually and say "luh you". If Ethan isn't paying attention you say it over and over repeatedly getting louder each time until he hears you and tells you that he loves you too.

You love pictures or videos of you. You love to just lay with me and watch videos of yourself and tell me everything that's going on and say "Emmie, Emmie" when you see yourself. If you are doing something silly you come running over and say "picture! picture!" and then demand to see the picture afterwards.

Here's a few status' I've posted lately on Facebook about you. I post tons of videos for Pamma and Kassie so there are tons there but I can't share them here :(

As the mama to a little boy you cannot make a sound that even remotely sounds like a "sart" (translation: fart) otherwise he totally calls you out that you sarted and says ewwww gwoss. It's totally hilarious though if HE actually rips a real fart though.

Emery and I are snuggling quietly. Beyonce comes on and Emery starts crying, whining and saying "dinosaur". He clearly wasnt impressed. Neither was I.

Me- "Emery, love you!"
Emery- "love you!"...*few seconds* "much!"
"love you much too!"


"look! Watch!"
ok Emery I'm watching.
"awesome!"

Seriously is this kid really mine?!
 
 


Emery- "Tired."
You're tired?
"yea"
You're tired?
"yea"
Do you want a nap with mommy?
"yea"
ok should we go lay down?
"no"
 


Emery comes mobbing around the corner pushing a dump truck, crashes into Nathan's feet causing an instant dead stop and literally flips ass over teakettle smack onto his back. I instantly crack up harder than I have in a long time and ask if he's ok. He starts laughing thinking he's the most hilarious thing ever. 

"KAYLA!!!! EMERY GOT ON MY BED!" "What? You mean the ladder or he's on the top bunk" "NO MY BED! THE TOP!" I run in there as fast as I can and sure as shit Emery has climbed the entire ladder and gotten on the top bunk with Ethan. OH MY GOSH! I didn't expect to deal with that for quite awhile, this kid is giving Jake and I a run for our money.

We love you Emery Jacob. Thank you for being such a little ray of sunshine and our best friend. Despite your naughty attitude sometimes you have been the most amazing little guy in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment