Thursday, January 24, 2013

30 Week Appt

Today we had our 30 week appointment. Tomorrow is 31 weeks. That means about 9 weeks left to go. 2 weeks ago when I was at 11 weeks it seemed like FOREVER left to go but now down to single digits as of tomorrow and I wanna FREAK OUT.

You don't even want to see Emery and the baby's room. We don't have enough room. I got a hanging organizer for the closet for her burp rags, blankets and swaddles but nowhere for all her clothes. It's freaking ridiculous! All our random shit is just thrown in her crib.

What I need to do yet:
-Get her storage bin out of her crib and put her bigger size clothes in it.
-Find somewhere else to put her car seat so it's not IN HER BED!
-Finish sewing her swaddle blankets.
-Dye her swaddle blankets.
-Buy a baby book.
-Clean our closet.
-Put crap from our room into our closet.
-Set up her bassinet in our room and get it ready for her.
-Take birthing suite tour and complete pre-registration.
-Decide on a middle name for sure and stick with it.
-Tons more but I'm too tired to think of what else right off the top of my brain dead head.

Today her heart rate was 152. We saw our 6th and final midwife.

Thankfully she was really sweet and I liked her. If it comes down to not having MY midwife deliver the baby then there are the other 2 that I like and 3 others that are ok, just not my favorite.

I am measuring 3 cm's ahead still. I think she said baby was measuring 32 weeks on our ultrasound and we had that done a day shy of 30 weeks. That puts her at the 97th percentile. She stated that she will keep watching me as I get farther along because of how big she is BUT that I am steadily growing in size and she's not just making huge leaps and bounds in size so there probably is not a major medical reason why she's getting so big. I just made sure that I told her that daddy is 6'4'' and at our 18 week ultrasound she was right on target and just in the 95th percentile for height so I'm not really worried about her being a huge baby, just long.

She may send us for another ultrasound as we get farther along in the game. We might get to see our baby for a 3rd time? AWWW.

So who knows! We just may have this girl early.

I got questions from both the nurse and Renata if I had any preterm labor signs. No all around thankfully. I think they double checked because I said for 5 days I had been nauseous and had a little headache but it was especially bad yesterday. I know those can be signs of preeclampsia so they probably just wanted to be able to scratch that one off.

I'm glad they didn't use the word "induce" with me, though still plenty of time for them to spring that on us since we still have 9 weeks left. I also hope they don't try to pull the "she's too big to fit through your pelvis" line. I won't fall for that. Being a midwife I don't think they will push that. This is exactly why I chose a midwife and not an OB. I know what my body was made for and that it's completely capable of having a baby. I don't need a bunch of stress to worry about. Predictions don't mean anything and ultrasounds can be off by up to 2lbs either way.

She also asked if I had my tdap or flu shot. I told her I had gotten my tdap right after Emery was born and that I'm not interested in the flu shot. No questions asked. I'm glad that I wasn't questioned or pushed.

I scheduled our last three 2 week appointments and after that we go to 1 week appointments.

Parking was ATROCIOUS yet again at that damn hospital. I hope it's not like that when we check in because I might freak out on someone. With Emery we had no idea where I was supposed to get out or park at and we spent time driving around. The last thing I want is to be dealing with contractions and waiting for people to get the hell out of the way, through the parking gates and parked somewhere in that garage that is horribly small and cramped and no one knows how to park. They couldn't possibly have a worse set up for a hospital.

Next appointment is the 6th and we will see how things go at that visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment