Monday, December 3, 2012

Thankful

Each week I get a writing prompt emailed to me. I find it hard to sometimes find things to write about. I get so wrapped up in everyday things that I forget. I follow Tracy from Trousdell Five and she mentioned the writing prompts from here. I signed up and decided to get started.

I still don't have time to do them weekly but I save the email into my blogging folder so that when I get the time I can sit down and do one.

This one was sent around Thanksgiving time but that was an incredibly hectic week for us and I'm just now getting to it.

So here we go..."I am thankful"

I am thankful for so many things and people. It's hard to realize just how lucky we are sometimes. That people would love to have some of the issues that we have simply because they may not have what we do. Problems finding tires? Well they wish they even had a car to worry about tires. My house is too warm and it makes my pregnant self cranky? Well there are people who cannot afford heat and would probably rather be too warm than freezing cold. I ate something that gave me heartburn all night, well someone would love to have heartburn just to say that they had a meal for the first time in who knows how long. So I am thankful for all those little things that I may not always think about everyday.

I am thankful for 3 wonderful boys who make me laugh, who make me irritated, who remind me everyday to be thankful for children because some people can't have them.

I am thankful for my family who is so supportive and caring.

Mostly I am thankful for Jake. He works SO hard for his family. He picks up overtime whenever he can even if it means even less sleep. He goes to work on only 3, yes THREE hours of sleep because he chose to stay up and spend time with his family. This week that I worked all day for two days, I came home to a cleaned up kitchen and dinner made. He looks out for my family when they need things like tires. He has found me wheels and tires for my car. He does car maintenance and lets me know when we need to do things. He is so dedicated to anything he sets his mind to. He is incredibly patient. Sometimes these kids make me want to pull my hair out and he seems to breeze through it. Trust me sometimes those tables are reversed but this pregnancy has left me with no patience. He steps up to the plate for anything. He is the best daddy, he is constantly making the kids laugh, snuggling them, playing games with them, reading to them, making sure they have what they need and more. He listens to me vent and complain when I'm frustrated and never tells me to shut up and get over it. I could go on and on. I am just so thankful to have him by my side, raising our handsome boys and impatiently waiting to meet our little girl.

I hope he knows just how much I appreciate him. Sometimes I don't have the best way of showing it, but when I fail that way I try to tell him. I don't do it enough, but I hope that what amount I do he feels that I am sincere.

No comments:

Post a Comment