Friday, November 2, 2012

Update on Baby #2

First off the ultrasound tech was amazing! She was very knowledgeable and explained what she was looking at and for. I love learning new things so I was asking questions too. I feel disappointed we didn't get all the good details with Emery like we did with this baby, this lady was friendly and the ultrasound tech who did Emery's was kind of a *insert not nice word* The ultrasound tech said that baby is 11" from all the measurements they took. I found this interesting that they could figure this out! Baby is also in the 95th percentile for size. Jake immediately goes "yup, another boy."

The tech asks if we want to know and we say yes. We have three boys at home so we need to know what we may or may not need. She then smiles and says "so you're not used to seeing these parts, these are girl parts." My heart seriously felt like it had turned into fireworks. I just said "yay" and got entirely too emotional. I wish I could have been looking at Jake at that moment instead of the screen. He just plays everything off. Me reading to him about what baby is doing this week and what's developing? No interest it seems. Find out the gender? Seems like no interest. I know it's there just masked. He becomes daddy when that baby is finally here and he snuggles, he smooches, he constantly takes pictures, changes diapers. Best daddy ever when baby is finally here. Up until then he's borderline bored!

It'll be interesting to see how big our Little Miss is. If she will be average size like Brudder Emery or a little chunka-chunk. I can't wait to meet her.

It was weird up until that point, my head was thinking "girl". When I thought of the baby and all the planning I somehow just always thought of it as a girl. I had two girl dreams. With Emery I only had the merman dream and I just KNEW he was going to be a boy. I thought "well, 50% chance of a boy again so I'm not dwelling on a girl in case it's a boy." I was more than happy with either. Emery is the most amazing little boy to me and I'd be just fine with another him so I didn't want to dwell on girl and then feel disappointed for a boy when I know in my heart it wouldn't be a disappointment.

In the video I was so surprised Nathan said he wanted a boy. With Emery he really wanted a little sister. After they found out girl, they just ran off to go play, didn't care about a new baby. It's funny to see how Nathan shows his excitement. These past few days after he gets up in the morning and says things like "so a girl, 3 boys and a girl." "A little sister, she will have 3 big brothers." Just random little thoughts of his that he says out loud but it means a lot to know he is thinking of her, expecting her and possibly excited. It's a whole new world to him as he's got 2 little brothers. Makes my heart happy because he is a wonderful loving brother to these little babies.

I think she will round out the family perfectly. Three big brothers to watch over her. She will get to play with Lego's and Hot Wheels and still have all her girly stuff. I'm just ITCHING to start making baby doll and barbie clothes and she's not even here nor will she care about that for a couple years.

Now the question is, will she be a bright blonde with gorgeous blue eyes like Emery? The little German side showing bright and true, or will she have the thick dark hair and bright eyes like she had in my dream? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment