Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Updates on the Emery boy and a few pictures :)

I can't believe that Saturday you are going to be a year old. Where has the time gone?!

I have a whole list of things on my desk top to write about and pictures to post but where do I find the time?! I feel like I am failing with this blog. It was meant to document everything so you could look back and I'm lucky to get a post in every couple months. When you nap I try to get work stuff done or relax. When you go to your dad's house I try to get that done or I end up over there with you guys to play and go on adventures and spend time with your brudders.

You are growing so fast and again I'm so amazed by you.


You can sign the following: please, more, milk, bird, eat, bye, all gone.


You say: "over there" "what's this" "ooh dat" which your daddy and I think is your version of "ohh what's that" "yes" "yeah", "mama" "dadda" "hi" "uh oh"


I never would have thought that your first real words would be "over there". Yea said "mama" "dadda" "hi" but to hear "over there" plain as day just rocked my world. You are so intelligent. You pick up on so much stuff, so quickly.



Every time you pick up on a sign I'm scrambling to teach you another.



Some things you do that crack me up are: crawling over to a toy, an orange, whatever is on the floor, doing a push up and biting it and crawling around with it clenched in your mouth.



You got into the huge thing of flour and got the lid off and had a hey day with it.

You LOVE nilla wafers and can't eat them fast enough. You demand to have one in each hand and one in your mouth.
PLEASE don't take my nilla wafers!





















You are OBSESSED with oranges. You would eat an entire box/bag of little Cutie Oranges in 2 days if I let you. You try to eat 4 or 5 in a sitting but I cut you off at 2 or 3. You can peel them yourself but you also try to eat the rind so I usually just do it.










 Favorite Fruit.







You grab my face between your little hands and pull my head down and give me kisses or you put your forehead against mine and look in my eyes. Talk about melting my heart!!!!

You love to blow on your food. You pucker up your little lips just perfect and blow. Sometimes I feel a little breeze and look over and you'll be blowing on your food, even if it's not something to blow on....like your crackers with spinach and artichoke dip.

You love lemons, grapefruits, green olives, pickles, anything sour or bitter doesn't even phase you.

I said "uh-oh" a couple times and you caught right on. Now you throw your food off the tray to hear the "plop" on the floor and then say "uh oh". I have to keep myself from laughing because it's not a very nice habit to have and we're trying to break that.

On March 29, 2012 you pooped in the tub for the first time. You were crouched and starting a grunt sound and I thought you were trying to pull yourself up. Nope! Little ping pong type poop comes floating out by your leg. I said "ewww" and called for Grandma Neen. She came and got you dressed so I could clean out the tub.

Meeting Ollie for the first time























 
You LOVE your Ollie the Elephant that Grandma Neen got for you. If I brush your hair then you have to take the brush and try to brush him. You carry him around or give him to me for loves, you'll give him kisses and lay your head down on him like he is a little pillow. 
brushing Ollie's hair







 Ollie
the
Elephant







On April 1st you said "over there" for the first time. I got you out of bed when you woke up and brought you into my bed to drink your milk and snuggle for a bit. You pointed to something in the kitchen and said "over there". At first I thought I was just hearing that because I wanted to hear you say something like that. Later that day we went to visit your daddy and I asked you where daddy was. You pointed to him and said "over there". He heard it and so I was reassured that I hadn't lost my mind and you are an intelligent little boy. You told daddy "over there" when he asked where mama was.

You just adore your brothers. You share a room with them now at your daddy's and you have to be beside them playing with whatever they are playing on. Nathan just loves that you lift your arms up for him and he will pick you up. I think you make him feel very special and he just loves that. Hearing you laugh while you play with them just makes my heart swell.
You are such a loving boy. I am so happy that you are mine. You are healthy for the most part, so funny, demanding and charismatic. You attract attention wherever we go. People stop to touch you, make you smile, make you laugh, compliment your blue eyes or cheesy smile. You make them smile and laugh and touch your hands. You act all shy and then look at them and give them a big cheesy smile. I am so glad that you are such a well behaved and mild tempered boy, with the exception of your HUGE attitude over food. 
I love you so much little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment