Friday, October 14, 2011

My Darling Emery

video
6 months ago you were born. You are the most important little being in my life. I love you so strongly that it knocks the breath out of me sometimes. You have such a personality that lights up my day no matter how bad it is. I put you to bed and within a couple hours I just want to go wake you up and snuggle with you. You are the sweetest, happiest baby I have ever met.

I remember laying in bed crying some nights because I didn't want you to not be in my belly. I loved feeling you and talking to you. You were mine alone for those 9 months and I didn't want to share you with anyone. I was scared to share you. Now I am so glad that life goes on as it should and that you were born. I'd have a big HUGE belly if you hadn't and now I get to enjoy watching you with others.

You LOVE your daddy so incredibly much. You just stare and smile at him until he looks at you and then you throw yourself back in excitement. He can always make you giggle. You will just sit and chill with him for hours and you've figured out how to give kisses. Daddy got kisses before I did and I'm the one always smooching on you.

You adore your brothers. You always smile to them. Your face lights up when we pick up brother Ethan and he gets into the car. He always asks to push you in the stroller when we go anywhere. He reads you books, he plays cars with you, he talks to you, he gives you your binky when you're upset and says "it's ok hunny" when you're upset. I'm glad that you two are about 3 years apart, I think that is the perfect age to grow up with an older brother. You guys are going to be the best of friends.

Your brother Nathan loves being close to you and always asks to hold you. He's so anxious for you to walk and talk and is always asking when you will do so. I can't seem to get away with just putting you to bed, he's always making sure that he and Ethan get to give you loves before nigh' night.

You love babies. They're your size and talk the jabber you do and you just get so excited. When we went to the convention you would nurse for a few seconds and then pop off to watch the babies. You've gotten really bad at nursing because you think you're missing out on something and stop eating to watch.

You've started talking up a storm lately. You put your gibberish into longer phrases. You're speaking baby sentences now and you love to YELL. I mean be as loud as possible when you play. It makes me so bonkers sometimes but this is just the beginning...you are a boy after-all. Sometimes I just stop what I'm doing and just watch you. I don't want to forget anything. Like all the funny faces you make and the silly things you do with your mouth, or how you sit in your play station and stare out the glass doors to the cars and trees outside. You also love when we go outside and watch the garbage truck when it comes on Wednesday mornings.

Everyone compliments on your big blue eyes, your adorable, perfect bald head and mostly your perfect attitude. You are so happy and you behave so well. I had a work meeting that you went to and you just sat there smiling, talking and playing with your toys. When you started to get a little fussy an hour and a half into it I just gott you out and satt you on my lap and you sit there happy. You make me such a proud mama.

You smile every time I get the camera out. You know what it is and just what to do.

You have started to love your baths. Your daddy said that you splashed and splashed. Tonight I gave you a bath by yourself since you can sit up nice and strong now and not tip over. You splashed and splashed and splashed some more. You got me a little damp from your big splashes and there wasn't a lot of water in there. Afterwards you sucked on your toes as I put lotion on you. Lavender wash always makes you SO drowsy. I'm glad that the first time you sucked on your toes was after a bath. I've been waiting for the foot + mouth phase and its officially started.

Writing this is making me so emotional. I am so blessed to have you in my life and I cannot imagine not having you. You make motherhood so easy. You may be a holy living terror when you are older, I see hints of it but for now I am loving every moment of it.

My favorite time of the day is when you first wake up. I bring you into bed with daddy and I and we all cuddle and talk and tickle. You smile and laugh and talk. Then we all get up and get our day started.

You can't sit alone anywhere, you have to watch everything going on. I put you in your "bumbobee" in your brothers room and you talk to them as I make dinner. When they are at their moms house and I cook you sit on the counter in your bumbo bee and play with utensils and try new foods.

You have had tastes of: watermelon, pineapple, grapes, onion, bread, ice cream. You love your veggies and fruits that are pureed. We just moved onto 2nd foods because there are more in the containers and you love to eat. You love your bananas and pears. You had a mixed berry the other day and daddy said you liked that. You like your green beans, peas...sorta..(mama doesn't like them either), carrots and you love sweet potatoes. However you do not like peas and carrots mixed together. You ate it anyway but you'd make a funny face.

You refuse your naps. When we do get lucky and you take a nap you sleep for 20-30 minutes and then guess what...you shit yourself. Mama has to change your 'tinky butt and then you will not go back to sleep. When you are overly tired and start to get fussy I just prop you up on the couch with me or lay you on my bed and you calm down. You just love to cuddle with your mama.

You've almost got 2 more teeth. I believe your Baltic Amber necklace really works. You aren't fussy at all. You drool a lot but no being super unhappy.

You have your 6 month check up so I will have to see how much you weigh and how long you are. You are getting so long. You are a solid boy, tall and solid.

I'll add more to this if I remember more lately. I hope you know how much I love you. You are my sunshine, my handsome boy, my pumpkin, my baby, my stinker head and my cray pants. I love you so so so much. We all do and we are so lucky to have you in our lives. I love you more than anything Emery Jacob.

Love always and always and forever plus some,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment