Sunday, June 19, 2011

First laugh and my weird dream.

It was probably 8 or 9am and Emery started his little "I'm awake, lonely and want attention fuss." I walked into his room and sat down in front of his swing and he stopped crying. I started my usual "good morning handsome boy" spiel and asked him how his sleep was and if he slept well and had sweet dreams. He was smiling away and started his baby babble. He was so cute that I went to laugh and he beat me to it. His first real baby laugh. Not his attempt at a laugh which comes out as a little cough or a little gasp that he usually does, but a real laugh. WHOA! The feeling that overcame me was incredible. Pride, happiness, LOVE. I'm still amazed EVERY SINGLE DAY that this little creature is MINE. He is half me and half the man I love all wrapped into this package and proof of our love. He's so smart and so cute. I've been blessed with such a handsome little man who is always so happy. I look forward to going to bed just so that I can wake up the next morning and bring him into bed with us to babble and smile away. There is no better way to start my day.


Today I was especially happy for our morning routine because I had such a whacky dream. Being a cosmetologist I'm extremely picky about my hair most of the time. I have enough hair for 6 people. Everyone thinks my hair will be cake to do and then once they get their hands in it they are regretting it because it's THAT thick. Well in this dream I barely had hair on the top of my head it was sooo thin. Maybe 100 hairs all over and normally one has 100+ hair in every square inch of scalp. All the hair around the side and back was very full. I was so emotional and scared. Mostly confused, I was ashamed and trying to hide it. I just couldn't understand it and running my hands through the top was so traumatizing.


Here's a picture, basically what my head looked like in the dream.


 


Talk about scary. I don't know what this dream could mean in regards to my life but I hope all these weird dreams stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment