Monday, May 9, 2011

Can someone please tell me why

I barely produce milk from the left side. I get almost twice the amount of milk from the right side than I do the left.


I've tried pumping on the left side longer than the left to increase the supply but nothing. Increased my water intake, doesn't even out. I've tried drinking a beer and it increases everything but not enough to match up.


I pumped in 20 minutes maybe two oz's from the left side and in almost 5 minutes of pumping on the right side I got 3 oz. I just do not understand!

4 comments:

  1. That's just how it goes. One is always bigger than the other, one produces more milk, and now I'm pretty sure I have one that hangs lower. My lefty was lame too. Not much you can do but suck it dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sucked at breastfeeding...you may want to call a lactation consultant (some are covered by insurance)...it was the best $$$ I ever spent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sucked at breastfeeding...you may want to call a lactation consultant (some are covered by insurance)...it was the best $$$ I ever spent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just how it goes. One is always bigger than the other, one produces more milk, and now I'm pretty sure I have one that hangs lower. My lefty was lame too. Not much you can do but suck it dry.

    ReplyDelete