Sunday, April 10, 2011

Due Date

Today is the official due date.


It was April 13th but at my 8 week ultrasound he was measuring 3 days bigger so they moved it to the 10th. 


On our 19 week ultrasound he was measuring 5 days bigger but they didn't move his due date. That would have made it April 5th if they had which has come and gone.


I believe that today is going to come and go as well. OBVIOUSLY it is, but I mean without Emery making his appearance.


Tomorrow I have my appt at 9:30 and I'll obviously have to be checked. I want to, despite the discomfort it causes just to know how much progress we've made. Please let me be farther than a 3! Maybe since it's 40 weeks we'll get an ultrasound to make sure he's doing well and has plenty of fluids. (I always laugh about the "fluids" I sound like a car not a pregnant woman)


We have a Pre-Trial Conference on the 14th at 9:30 am so he NEEDS to be here before then. I'd hate for me to not be able to go because I'm in the hospital...and I have no idea what we'd do if I was in the middle of labor and Jake couldn't go either. I don't know if that's acceptable. I have no idea what its even about? To tell us how the actual trial is going to go about or to make sure we have all our ducks in a row or what?


I'm hoping he comes before then because it won't be that big of a deal. He'll just go to the courthouse with us. I don't want to be running around with him being that brand new but obviously this is for his brothers so it's a must. He'll be so brand new that hopefully he'll just eat and sleep and it shouldn't last longer than an hour.


Today we went to Rancho Chico's for lunch. I ate spicy salsa hoping it'd help. Then we walked around Carter's. Ethan got these super cool monster truck jammies last weekend I believe it was and today I found a shirt that was exactly the same but it was different colors. Later we spotted Ethan's jammies and realized they were Carters. So now Emery has a matching t-shirt to Ethan's jammies but a different color truck. You become a mommy to boys and suddenly you're obsessed with monster trucks and tractors and fire engines and everything they find fascinating. It's pretty cute. Jake also spotted teeny tiny sunglasses that he HAD to get.


Last summer when we went to Montana Ethan had to get sunglasses at a gift shop outside Glacier Park. We for sure thought that it was going to be a waste of money and that he'd never wear them. Well he proved us wrong. For about a week he wore them upside down and then he got it figured out. He goes nowhere without those things or any pair. He's got about 3 pairs we've found that were Nathan's once. He's such a stud and everyone is always complimenting him on his glasses. "It's bright, where my glasses?!" He wears them inside, outside, in the sun, in the dark...anywhere and everywhere, rain or shine. The kid is constantly cracking me up. 


So of course Jake had to get Emery a pair and get him started early. I'll be creating a rule that the boys are NOT allowed to put them on the baby. God forbid they jab his eye out. I can't even think about that right now!


Emery! Please come soon before mama goes insane and daddy has a meltdown about having to go to work. (He wants you here realllllly bad, but not bad enough to work some reflexology points by rubbing mama's feet). I'm about to polish my toenails so they're pretty for the day you decide to come (make it tonight).


Love, 
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment