Friday, April 22, 2011

1 Week down.

Yesterday Emery was a week old. He peed all over himself for the first time. His legs are SO strong that I couldn't get him covered with a wipe quick enough. He also lost his stump. My first moment of ignorant mommyhood: I thought once it fell off it was a regular belly button. I had no idea it would ooze and bleed a little bit. I had a moment of panic and didn't quite believe Jake when he said it was normal. He also did great at court. We had our Pre-trial conference. We're represting ourselves and have all our ducks in a row. The trial got extended to June 6th instead of this Monday because her and her lawyer dont have their shit together. Seems a little backwards to me. Now the boys have to suffer for another month and a half. I swear if we get anymore bleeding diaper rashes in that time I may flip out on her. Today Emery had his check up. They did it at 8 days instead of 10 because of court and the weekend. She asked us what we thought he weighed. I guessed 8lb 3oz and Jake said either his birth weight of 7lb 13oz or right at 8lb since babies lose 20% of their weight usually. She said he weighs 8lb 8oz. HOLY CRAP! Mama must have some good milk! So glad that he is healthy and that i'm providing all his nutrition. He is SO smiley, especially in his sleep after eats. He has the cutest smile ever. I can't help but kiss him constantly and tell him how much I love him. I wish time would slow down!

4 comments:

  1. Soak it all in, time will fly for the next few decades...

    ***Baby fever setting in now***

    P.S.
    Did you ever get your hat for Emery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every week does get a little better:) Get rest when you can, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope I never got the bunny hat :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soak it all in, time will fly for the next few decades...

    ***Baby fever setting in now***

    P.S.
    Did you ever get your hat for Emery?

    ReplyDelete