Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bad bad bad nitrates

Last night I had a quick bowl of Chef Boyardee Ravioli. Not very good at all but I needed something with meat in it and not just carbs. After I got back from taking Jake lunch I was starting to get a really bad headache. I took a bath and it slowly turned into a migraine.

I went to bed and woke up about 4 times in the middle of the night from said migraine. I even got up at 3am to take my migraine medicine and that helped enough to get me back to sleep but at 6:20am I still had it. So I called in saying I had a migraine I needed to kick before I could come into work.

I remember when the migraines first started in my pregnancy...I had a craving for hot dogs. I figured one or two was ok. I had a horrible migraine each day after I had one. It dawned on me a couple days later that It might be from the hot dogs so I quit eating them and the migraines disappeared. Threw the rest of the package away.

So after last night I've summed up that nitrates/nitrites trigger my migraines. I'm apparently going to have to google alternate names for them and make sure they're not in my food.

I'm curious if this will end after I'm pregnant as I never had a problem before I was, or if it will continue afterwards as well.

Looks like this is the perfect excuse to eat wayyy healthier and the boys and Jake are gonna have to roll with it.

1 comment:

  1. We buy Nature's Promise hotdogs and they don't contain any nitrates. Husband was a nut about me eating nitrates during my pregnancy, so we had to find other alternatives. The Crazies love them...they're delish! Good luck and no more migraines!!!

    ReplyDelete