Friday, January 14, 2011

swelling...

Yesterday and the day before I noticed while shampooing my clients that my fingers really hurt. I just ignored it thinking maybe I needed to pop my knuckles. That didn't help. Yesterday I left work and it got worse. I could barely bend my fingers because they were so stiff and sore. I woke up this morning and I had little sausage fingers and had to take my rings off. I had to have Jake open my bottle of tea because I couldn't bend my fingers or grip it enough to open it. By 3pm it had gotten a little better, I tried to drink alot of water because that helps with swelling. 

I got to work today and I could barely cut hair. It hurts my entire hand to use my shears because my thumb is moving and shampooing is bad trying to use the right pressure and my fingers feel like they're on fire. I feel like I have arthritis. I never realized how arthritis felt to the people who have it and now I've had a little glimpse.

I'm not sure what to do about this. If it was so bad yesterday because I worked 8 hours and was busy or just from being pregnant. I know some women develop carpal tunnel because of the pressure of swelling on their nerves. I bought some Epsom salt for the bath and wonder if that will help.  I took a Tylenol today at work and it helped for about 2 hours but is now wearing off and hurts to type. I also don't want to be taking Tylenol everyday. It's safe for occasional use but I don't want to harm Emery in anyway. I'll suffer if needed, it just makes it really hard to be able to make it through a full day of work and being miserable the next morning.

2 comments:

  1. Not that I'm the type to immediately call the dr but... if the swelling is excessive it could be indicative of a problem. And seriously, not being able to open my drink is a problem 'round these parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be a sign of preeclampsia but its only in my fingers, not my face or feet or anything. If it doesn't get better I'll call the doctor, it seems to get worse at night i've noticed.

    ReplyDelete