Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The things boys say...

Sunday morning we picked up the boys as usual except Nathan's mom had been yelling at him because he couldn't find his gloves and hat. Instead of helping she just yelled and told him it was all his fault and blah blah blah. Nathan walked out in tears and I wanted to get out and drop kick her face. What a horrible way to start his morning. We decided since he was so upset and it wasn't a good start to the morning already that we'd try to get it off to a better start. We asked Ethan if he wanted to go to "the train place." Nathan croaked from underneath his jacket where he was crying "yes". The Train place is Frank's Diner. Its an old sleeper car that was turned into a dining car and when retired became a restaurant. They have AMAZING breakfast!. Frank's Diner

I however was in my pajama's. We pick them up at 8am and usually come straight home so this side trip was unexpected. We didn't tell the boys the quick change in plans so as we pulled into the driveway Ethan looks puzzled and goes "hey this not the train place!" I'm pretty sure he thought we had lied to him. We had to explain that Nathan and I needed to change and then we'd go have breakfast.

Once we got home we were relaxing and Ethan walks up behind Jake and whispers, "Come get me daddy." So the antics began. He chased them around the house, flipped em around, they walked on the ceiling etc etc. At one point Jake has Nathan all wrapped up in his arms and I hear "I would body slam you but..." Immediately I'm thinking "oh brother I am sooo not ready for this. Thank god we have hardwood floors so he wont." As a kid I rocked the mud pies and the snowmobiling, camping, fishing, hunting. I had no issue being a complete tomboy but as I've gotten older and the maternal side has begun to show itself, I panic when I think of the kids getting injured. In between the laughing the boys bring will be minor heart attacks. At least I will be forever young having to keep up with the four of them and all their crazy boy things!

2 comments:

  1. Come nightingale, tell me the word.
    The mountain from which you came is blessed.
    The rose burns you, my love burns me.
    You are crying, I will also cry.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come nightingale, tell me the word.
    The mountain from which you came is blessed.
    The rose burns you, my love burns me.
    You are crying, I will also cry.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete