Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fed Up.

Beware lest ye harm any soul, or make any heart to sorrow; lest ye wound any man with your words, be he known to you or a stranger, be he friend or foe.

I am so fed up with family. Family is supposed to be the one thing you can fall back on and have their support when you need it. I'm glad that I'm in Spokane and I don't have to see a lot of what happens back home. I really wish my mom and sister would move here and get away from all of the bullshit.

My mom is the most selfless person I've ever met, Jake falls right behind her. My mom worked 2 and 3 jobs while married to my dad just to make ends meet because someone had a selfish spending habit. My mom never failed in providing exactly what we needed when my parents divorced, my sister and I never went without. It hurts to know how ungrateful we were at times and how much we hurt her. Ignorant teenagers! The important thing is that we know now, we have an endless respect for her.

I may be putting some people on blast but I don't even give a shit. I am so tired of no one standing up for themselves. My mom is wayyyy too nice to say anything to anyone. She doesn't want hurt feelings and doesn't want the drama that this person ALWAYS starts over shit they can't accept. No one walks over me or my family and close friends. I am the one person who will be the bitch and stand up and speak their mind.

Lets start off with how many times this family member has sunk themselves and my mom has bailed them out. My mom is responsible with her money and works hard and has held numerous jobs to have it. That family has no sense of priority in how their money is spent and always gets themselves to the point they're constantly borrowing money. How long did my mom had to wait before she was paid back and all the stuff she had to do to get paid back?

How my mom had something signed over into her name so that when they had to file bankruptcy they could have some shred of normalcy. I doubt my mom ever got a thank you. It was expected of her.

How many times my mom has watched their children or provided support when they need to vent about how horrible their marriage is and that they have no friends.

How many times my mom has done their hair or nails? That product is EXPENSIVE. I haven't even went and bought myself a new bottle of monomer because its about $38.00. They expect my mom to do their hair or nails whenever they want and for their children and whatever friends this family member brings, now that she has friends. You know what my mom did? She gave me 4oz of monomer from her supply the last time Jake and I went home. I was very grateful and said THANK YOU! Because that's the polite thing to do. They don't pay my mom or pitch in for product. I doubt she even gets a thank you.

My mom asked for a referral for a job and they told her "we don't do that for anyone anymore." I am in tears thinking about how hurt my mom felt. She has done nothing but help these people and that's what she gets in return?! Absolute bullshit.

Her and my sister just babysat the kids so that they could both work. My mom needed help with her snow blower and the one family member said "what are you going to do to help me?" WOW. FUCK YOU and then some. Pardon my language but I am so livid. If home wasn't 4 hours away and afraid of going into preterm labor I'd be banging on a door telling them exactly how shit is.

I won't even get started on the shitty example they are for their children and how much of a failure they are as parents. All I can do is be thankful that I didn't have the childhood their children did, that my mom is honest, loyal and one of the hardest workers I've met. She's worked for everything she has, while these people can't catch a clue no matter how many times they fail.

All I can say is have some respect. If you want something done, be willing to pay. If my mom wasn't doing it your ass would be in a salon paying $45 for a set of nails for $60-$130.00 for your haircolor of highlights. Its not hard to hand over 5 or 10 dollars to help for the cost of product. If you can't swing it that time THANK the person. A thank you can go a long ways. Family is the one thing you do not take for granted. My mother is the one person you do not walk over.

And since you're such a stand up Christian or like to think you are, pick up that black book and look up Matthew 7:12. In case you can't put the beer down to pick up the book I'll tell you what it says. "All things, therefore, that YOU want men to do to YOU, YOU also must likewise do to them, this, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean"

Meaning if you would want to be paid for a service, then you also need to pay when you receive a service. If you want to be treated with respect then you need to treat others with respect. The Golden Rule is simple. 

Respect your family and support them. Do not take them for granted. I'm so tired of hearing of my mom being taken advantage of. Be an adult, apologize for what you've done wrong and try to rectify the situation and be a better person in the future. The last thing you need is to be cut out by your family. Then you're really up shit creek when you irresponsibly blow your paychecks and can't afford groceries, your house payment, your car payment or paying off your bills. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's time to encourage mama to cut some apron strings...
    These people aren't going to change, but mama should for her own good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. calm your self....... it stresses the baby! forget about this stuff and be happy in life...

    love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. calm your self....... it stresses the baby! forget about this stuff and be happy in life...

    love Mom

    ReplyDelete