Wednesday, December 8, 2010

and we're developing...

Some strength and personality. I felt Emery's hiccups for the first time December 3rd. I laughed everytime, it only lasted for about 8 little breaths though and I haven't felt them since.

He HATES when I lay on my left side and lay more on my tummy than my side. He starts kicking like crazy until I lay more on my side than belly. He doesn't care when I lay on my right side either. Jake said he doesn't like standing on his head :)

He's been the most active after I eat my favorite foods. Thanksgiving dinner. I had turkey, mashed potatoes/gravy, olives, a roll and a slice of pumpkin pie. Last night after I had dinner at Heather's house he was kicking around after I ate ham, cheesy potatoes and a cheddar bay roll. Apparently my little man loves his meat, potatoes and rolls just like mommy.

I can't wait to see how much more of a personality he starts to develop in the next few weeks. I can't wait until he can kick daddy's hand when we're sleeping at night and Jake has his arm around me. I can't wait until he recognizes the boy's voices and will get excited. I can't wait for them to be able to feel him move. I try to get Ethan to talk to the baby but he still doesn't quite get it. He always brings me a blanket though and says something about the baby getting cold.

Besides the morning sickness and my horrendous migraines I get sometimes I'm loving the pregnancy thing. It's so amazing to know that there's this little thing inside me who's always with me and gets to enjoy my horrible singing everyday on the way to work. Sometimes I think he can read my thoughts because whenever I think of him or that I haven't felt him move he always squirms around like he's telling me he's still there.

I've decided that instead of buying a bedding set I'm going to make my own. 

These are the sheets I've decided on. I'm going to make my own crib bumpers. I think I'll go with a chocolate brown that matches the owl's. I'm going to get the 1 or 2" thick satiny ribbon and sew it onto the bumpers where needed to attach to the crib spindles. Then he'll just need his quilt. I don't want to spend almost 200 dollars for a bedding set that he only gets to use the bumpers and sheets from. They usually can't use the comforter so no point in wasting money. Plus it allows me to be crafty :) Jake's mom is quite the seamstress. She's made Jake's niece Kenna so many adorable and very well sewn outfits for her American Girl doll. She's reupholstered his sister-in-laws chair and who knows what else. Maybe she can teach me a thing or two.

I also can't stop thinking about the camera I want. We're going to need our tax returns for an SUV I think. His car isn't going to work so well with 2 car seats and a booster seat along with the fact that there is no room for camping gear or all of our stuff if we go on a trip. I REALLY wish I could get THIS with my tax return. It would allow me to have priceless pictures of the baby and the boys, along with all my other photography I'm constantly craving. 

I'm torn. I'm also starving so this will be the end of this rambling post! You're welcome.

8 comments:

  1. "This"..... your out of your freaking mind!!!!
    Love Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I WILL have it or something just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got myself a digital SLR Pentax K-X a few months before Rina came so I could get used to working with it and I don't regret dropping the $$ for it! It is quite a big investment, but worth it in the end. Plus, if you take photo classes, you can become quite good very fast with it!

    I feel such a bond between you and I, even though we've never met. If ever I go to Seattle for a shopping trip, we'll have to connect somehow. It's not that far from Victoria and maybe over the summer, we'll head down there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad got me hooked on photography when I was much younger and now I can't help but find a picture in EVERYTHING. I wish I had a good camera to capture it but I don't. SOMEDAY! I am determined.

    We live about 5 hours from Seattle but we all LOVE it over there. Ethan told us the other day he wanted to go to Seattle. Apparently 2 year olds can have fun their too, so we'll definitely have to see what we can work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you forget that you do have a very nice camera that dad bought you a long while ago but you've been having me keep it here for you?
    i can bring it over tomorrow if you want it!
    -love kass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea bring it please. It is a nice camera but its film and thats expensive to develop anymore, plus no scanner and what not to get them online to share. It's good for home use and photo albums though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got myself a digital SLR Pentax K-X a few months before Rina came so I could get used to working with it and I don't regret dropping the $$ for it! It is quite a big investment, but worth it in the end. Plus, if you take photo classes, you can become quite good very fast with it!

    I feel such a bond between you and I, even though we've never met. If ever I go to Seattle for a shopping trip, we'll have to connect somehow. It's not that far from Victoria and maybe over the summer, we'll head down there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea bring it please. It is a nice camera but its film and thats expensive to develop anymore, plus no scanner and what not to get them online to share. It's good for home use and photo albums though.

    ReplyDelete