Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sicky.

I'm sure I have a sinus infection. They're chronic. Thank you dad for your terrible sinus genes. I get a sinus infection every fall. Never fails. It used to be strep throat as a kid and somehow turned into sinus infections as I got older.

My head is so congested and making me dizzy, my throat is on fire, ears all plugged up and so off to the doctor I went. Strep was no even though they're going to culture it and call in 3 days if it is. I couldn't go to doctor I wanted because they didn't have an appointment until 3pm and I was hoping to go to work. I had to go to Urgent Care and man they suck. She just blew me off about everything. I KNOW when I have something that I get EVERY year. So instead she told me to get nasal spray and use that. I get to spend the next couple days getting progressively worse until someone will believe that I am truly sick and not just being a whiner about a cold.

Either way I missed work. I feel soooo bad when I miss work. We need the money. We have a baby on the way, we're paying a lawyer to get custody of the boys so they can have the safe, stable, loving environment that every child deserves and then I miss work and lose out on an 8hr shift. I feel terrible, I feel guilty. Jake works so hard for us and then I'm a big weeny who can't go to work and he has to work harder. He even picked up an 8 hour shift of overtime on Sunday from 10pm-6:30am. I need to find a way to make money from home because I can't stand thinking of how hard he works and how lazy I look. It makes me really emotional thinking about it and I've done really well on controlling the emotional side lately.

1 comment:

  1. If you've suffered from sinus infections before, you've probably heard about the Neti Pot

    http://www.neilmed.com/usa/adword_np.php?gclid=CPS_iZ7Tl6UCFRtqgwodlRYNGg

    It has saved my life in the early days of my pregnancy. I'll admit, it's quite gross and disgusting to use and I was astonished at the amount of mucus coming out of using that little pot, but it was the only thing that offered a bit of relief for me (and it was safe for the little one).

    Don't feel bad about your limitations. I know you're under a lot of stress, but at the same time, I'm sure Jake understands you're doing the best you can under the circumstances. And if you feel like being emotional, do so (wether you do it here, with a friend or with Jake) as no good will come out of bottling up your emotions.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete