Friday, October 15, 2010

A little relief...

Yesterday Jake and I tackled the downstairs bedrooms. Let me tell you what this consisted of. One bedrooms floor was COVERED in toys. The boys had so many toys they were strewn everywhere as they went through all of the stuff for a toy they wanted to play with. Upstairs I've incorporated a toy box and whenever Ethan is done with a toy it goes back in the box. He's done pretty well with it, but downstairs there's no Nazi Kayla to stay on him about it. So downstairs was a complete disaster. About 4 months ago I tackled one of the rooms and had bagged up the entire floor into garbage bags and bins that they could go through to decide what to keep. Thankfully I had done that because a few short weeks later I moved in and would have nowhere for my boxes to go. That room had stayed organized but the one was a wreck. Yesterday we went through toys and decided which few we'd keep for the baby and which were garbage and then things to donate. We had about 3 bags of garbage and 6 bags of donations. Today we packed it all into the car, dumped it and then had an ever bigger load stuffed in the car to be donated. Those boys had soooo many toys it was insane. They won't be getting anymore toys until they learn to respect them and treat them nicely and put them away.

I am SO relieved that we now only have one toy box upstairs that's overflowing and a little one downstairs for the baby. The floor is now able to be walked upon in any direction. After we get the couch out of there I can vacuum. That's so much less crap we'll have to deal with when we move. So excited to have finally gotten it done and I can tell that it was a bit of relief for Jake as well. We found 2 big bags of baby clothes down there as well. Boy stuff of course. So if we have a boy we're set for a bit. I didn't go through the bags but from what I could see most of it was really nice. Speaking of clothes I had a dream last night. I don't have dreams where I have the baby and am toting it around. My dream was really vague but I remember going through girl swimsuits at the store and found the perfect 0-3 months pink suit with black polka dots. That's as close as I come to dreaming about babies and what it might be.

We have 10 days until our monthly appointment and then probably 3 weeks after that till we find out what the little one is. We are SO anxious. I'm so ready to start preparing and not laying awake day dreaming of what it'll be.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! You'll soon find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate with the toy thing! I've gotten rid of pretty much everything. When they can put them away and not break them into peices, i'll buy them newer and nicer things. Until then? TOO BAD!!!

    Also- I never received your mailing address. if you could email me that it would be great Bettybohemian@gmail.com!

    Can't wait to hear what your cooking in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate with the toy thing! I've gotten rid of pretty much everything. When they can put them away and not break them into peices, i'll buy them newer and nicer things. Until then? TOO BAD!!!

    Also- I never received your mailing address. if you could email me that it would be great Bettybohemian@gmail.com!

    Can't wait to hear what your cooking in there!

    ReplyDelete