Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm going to win the lottery...

Then we can win custody of the boys. 

Then I can stay home with them and the baby. 

On the news a little 3 year old boy was in the hospital. His babysitter SLAMMED him to the ground to strip his clothes off him because he had peed them. He had bleeding skull fractures. How does someone have that much RAGE inside them that they would take it out on an innocent child?! There's a difference between a spanking when its really needed, on your own child that is one thing but to CRACK OPEN a child's head...It makes me sick. Today he passed away. Some parents are mourning over the loss of their child because someone was so utterly cruel to a child. Some people will never get to hold their child again, so hold yours tight and give them extra kisses.

This makes me want to stay at home with my baby. Who can you trust anymore to watch your child and protect them as well as you would?

I've been looking into getting my CPR and First Aid certifications so that I can work at a daycare or a preschool. There need to be more people in the world who work FOR the children. To teach them the things their parents don't, to care for them when their parents can't and know that they will be safe, never harmed or neglected. CPS doesn't fight for the children until a long ways down the road when they're already jaded by the ways of the world. Children should only have to focus on being innocent and knowing that they are loved and cherished. No child should have to be told they're worthless, to be sick all the time because the parent is too lazy to take them to the doctor, to go hungry, to fear when they will be struck by the hand of the one's who are supposed to protect their innocence. 

This has always been something that has bothered me but now that I'm expecting my own child, I want nothing but the best for them. I want them to feel safe and loved every single moment of every day.  I don't want them to ever have to wonder about anything other than when they get that treat after dinner, or where a certain baby doll is, or when we get to go to the park. I may only be one person, but sometimes it only takes ONE person to change or influence the life of a child. 

"Life is about who you love and who you hurt. It's about how you feel about yourself. It's about trust, happiness and compassion. It's about sticking up for your friends and replacing inner hate with love. Life is about avoiding jealousy, overcoming ignorance and building confidence. It's about what you say and what you mean. It's about seeing people for who they are and not what they have. Most of all, it is about choosing to use your life to touch someone else's in a way that could never have been achieved otherwise." -Ralph Waldo Emerson


2 comments:

  1. it is *very* tough, the whole other people watching your kids thing. I don't even like sending my oldest to school! He's 5 (this month) and has down syndrome and is non verbal. Anyone can take advantage and I wouldn't have aclue, because he couldn't tell me and possibly wouldn't even understand that anything bad actually happened. its a double edged sword for me. On one hand, I live rurally with no family and no neighbors to help me when I get overwhelmed with parenting and I REEEEEALLY need a break. On the other hand, who the hell can I trust to not hurt or neglect my kids? I mourn the loss of the perfect sitter who moved away to Colorado last year and I STILL haven't found someone I like. My kids are challenging. Its really very hard. Sorry- not trying to scare you- just saying I *completely* understand where you're coming from here. (my kids were both adopted from foster care, BTW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud you on adopting. So many people don't do that and so many kids go without a loving home like they deserve.

    It is going to be a struggle to find people we trust with our kids but all you can do is hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete