Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ultrasound/Test Results.

I had been waiting around for days for the doctor call. I had a few calls but I hate "unknown" numbers. They've released cell phone numbers so now telemarketers can call your cell phone. So usually if its not a number saved in my phone I don't answer it. With all this baby brain I never thought once that the "unknown number" was the doctors office. I finally checked my voicemail, I despise taking the time it takes to listen to the whole spiel "You have one new message. New message:..... Press 1 to replay, Press 7 to delete, Press 9 to save" BLAH BLAH BLAH. Such a waste of my time so I only check it a couple times a week. 3 of the 5 voice mails were the doctor. I had to end up waiting until Monday to call them back, all while silently having a panic attack about my blood work and that it'd be just my luck that they messed up my results with someone else and tell me that I have HIV. Thank you Grey's Anatomy for always making me think of the worst possible scenario.

ANYWAY, this is where baby brain gets you....RAMBLING.

I called the doctors office and they told me that my results were all normal and the ultrasound was good AND that my new due date is April 10th, 2011. I had the ultrasound on the first day of Week 8 and she told us that the baby was measuring about 8W3D but the doctor would decide. So now my week changes on Sunday's instead of Wednesdays. So as of Sunday I was 10 weeks. It blows my mind that its been 6 weeks since we found out.

So far this pregnancy has NOT been fun. I throw up every time I brush my teeth in the morning, I'm exhausted all of the time yet I cant sleep past 8:30, no food EVER sounds good until I'm starving and then I never know what to eat, I'm nauseous almost all day though that is finally starting to get a little better, my used to be almost flawless skin is now breaking out which drives me CRAZY. I'm ready to welcome the 2nd trimester where I'm not nauseous I hope, where the exhaustion calms down and mostly when I can start feeling the baby. It'll all seem worth it and more real when I know that someone is in there, not just some bug that is making me sick and miserable.

I asked for some recommendations on OB's in the area. I want a doctor to deliver my baby at Sacred Heart who I've met and seen numerous times. My current midwife switches between 5 others at Deaconess. I want someone I see more than once, not meet them once and have them deliver my baby because my regular midwife is on vacation in Cancun or some nonsense. So a friend of a friend who I've met a few times works at NW OB/GYN. They deliver to Sacred Heart and do their ultrasounds there at the office instead of sending me to some other place across town like my current doctor. A couple friends had recommended them as well. Thankfully she was able to make sure that I was accepted with a referral from my current doctor and to fax over all my labs and she'll get them to make me an appointment. So in 2 weeks max they should call to schedule me an appointment. I had one on the 29th but since I'm transferring it may be a little later.

I keep thinking how unreal my life is sometimes. I'm very lucky to have Jake by my side through all this. I give my sister props for doing it all by herself, but I wouldn't trade for the world. Its nice to have someone understand how nauseous I feel and let me sleep in a little bit, or make me breakfast, or not make me feel bad if I'm too sick to into work, or get mad because I space unloading the dishwasher because I forget after my bubble bath, or throw a fit because I don't want Subway or whatever else when he does because it makes me want to throw up.  He lets me get weird snacks when I need them without giving me grief and I'm sure he'll even run out to get me ice cream and pickles when I start having really weird cravings. I'm sure he'll give me grief for that because it'll make HIM want to vomit but he'll do it. Gotta love having a good man, though he needs a bit of uptraining in the romance department. Took my dad years to figure it out but I'm sure he could provide some insight, riiiiight daddy? :P

We also went to Red Lobster the other night and OMG was I SOOO ecstatic to find out that crab is safe to eat if its fully cooked. So I definitely enjoyed every bite of the crab legs I got. I'm so glad Nathan loves crab legs too. So now its 2 against 1. Ethan will eat it too, so technically if he had a vote that counted it would be 3 against Jake. Pregnant lady and two demanding kids, we'll always win :)

That is all, I'm exhausted.

3 comments:

  1. I still freak out over blood work! It is your mom mode kicking in, lol, You know that you will love your child no matter but just the thought of something being wrong is scary! I know some people that refuse to do some of the tests, Like the one that test for DS and I think it's kinda wrong ;/ I would never end my pregnancy but I think it would mentally prepare you. Glad all your tests came back good ;] The HIV kinda freaked me out, even though Mike gets tested frequently you Never know with all the dirty people out there in the world, and my tendency to over think things doesn't help ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to do any of those tests. I don't feel as if they're important. There wouldn't be much preparation I could do. I'd just feel helpless the rest of my pregnancy. I would just accept it at birth and prepare from there. We couldn't save more money than we already are, and I couldn't mentally prepare. I'd lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still freak out over blood work! It is your mom mode kicking in, lol, You know that you will love your child no matter but just the thought of something being wrong is scary! I know some people that refuse to do some of the tests, Like the one that test for DS and I think it's kinda wrong ;/ I would never end my pregnancy but I think it would mentally prepare you. Glad all your tests came back good ;] The HIV kinda freaked me out, even though Mike gets tested frequently you Never know with all the dirty people out there in the world, and my tendency to over think things doesn't help ;]

    ReplyDelete