Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Surprise!


Sunday evening after dinner we told the boys. We thought maybe Nathan had picked up on it but from the look on his face he had no idea.

I pulled out the Ultrasound pictures and asked him if he knew what it was and he said yes. He was able to point out everything, he has a good eye. Jake asked him if he wanted another brother or sister and he said yes. Jake told him he was going to get one and I couldn't tell if it was shock, surprise or excitement. I think it was all three in one expression, I couldn't even tell. I asked him what he wanted and he said a sister since he already has a little brother. Here's to hoping!

Ethan of course doesn't really get it. Maybe once I have a noticeable belly he'll understand that there's a baby in there.

Aunt Jess brought over a bunch of itty bitty baby girl clothes for me. Everyone's hoping for a girl. Hopefully Jake's swimmer doesn't let anyone down! Maybe all those little girl clothes will bring girl energies to the house :P

As of yesterday at the BBQ at Jake's parents everyone knows now. Thanks Mom for announcing a 5th little one on the way, I gotta answer all the questions by myself since Jake of course was off running around and I was hogging the little nephew all night. I hate getting put on the spot, I never know what to say but I think I did alright.

I can't wait to hold our little one, seems like so far away but it seems like just a couple weeks ago we found out. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow and the baby will be the size of a green olive. A month ago it was the size of a poppy seed. So crazy how it gets so much bigger every week. Already its been 5 weeks, so before I know it I'll be breaking Jake's hand in the delivery room. I guess it makes sense with all the nausea and exhaustion. I can barely get through a day without a nap. I feel like I'm dying by 1pm. Thankfully work has been very understanding and only has me working 30 hours so I'm not overdoing it. Hopefully my morning sickness will be gone by 12 or 13 weeks so only 3-4 weeks. THANK GOODNESS!

Now I'm off to rest.

Also for anyone who wants to leave comments I made it so that you don't have to have an account. You just have to click the "comments" link at the bottom of the post, then select anonymous and type your comment. It helps if you put your name in the comment so I know who its from since it says anonymous. If you still can't figure it out just email me and I'll try to explain better.

No comments:

Post a Comment