Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Touched.

Tomorrow at 1pm we have an ultrasound. I'm feeling very anxious for it. I'm very hopeful but just trying to feel neutral about the entire thing. When we leave with good news then I'll be ecstatic. The girls at work are so excited to see as well. I'm so grateful that I have such supportive coworkers who have been very understanding and helpful. It'd be so hard to go to work where no one cared or understood.

The past couple days we've had the boys. I'm not sure if daddy wants the boys names mentioned here so we'll just call them N and E for now :) On Sunday N was looking at a book with me that Jacqi (coworker) gave me. It shows what the baby looks like week by week and explains things. Also has some great studies they've done about babies in the womb and outside. It's called "The Miraculous World of Your Unborn Baby" by Nikki Bradford. I was explaining what was in the pictures and letting him pick out things he saw. He was so interested in it and was great at noticing features in the ultrasounds. I guess the next day Jake said that he was looking at it again while I was at work and explaining the pictures to little E. After I got off work and we had dinner he went back to the couch and sat down with the book. E was sitting next to him for a few minutes looking too. My heart melted. They were so cute, and I'm not so nervous to tell them. I think N is going to make a great big brother again, and once E gets the concept I'm sure he'll be so adorable about a baby and asking lots of questions. I was really worried about how E would be with a baby around, but the past week he's been so much different. He's gotten more affectionate, he even let me cut his hair!!! Big move on his part there. He's been so much better with listening and behaving that I'm much more comfortable with how things will be 7 months from now. 

Studying away...


Boys looking at a picture of what baby looked like last week. (6 weeks)


We went to Barnes and Noble today to look at some books. I wanted to find a really neat one with lots of pictures because I loveee that stuff and N seems to enjoy it as well. They didn't have anything I wanted to drop at least 20 bucks on so I just got a pregnancy journal/tracker. It will be helpful for remembering symptoms, doctors appts, what to pack, what questions to ask and that sort of thing. I've already started filling it up. One of the questions was what Mommy thinks the baby will be and what Daddy thinks. I think Boy just because Jake has two already and his mom had 3 boys before 2 girls, but Daddy thinks Girl just because my side of the family is mostly girls. Silly man, doesn't he know his swimmers choose? I hope its a girl just to add to the mix and so I'll have a little one to be my partner. Either way just as everyone says, I'll just be happy with a healthy baby. Guess we won't have any idea until the time comes.

I'm getting a little behind in my personal journal. I bought one years ago that I really liked but never had anything to fill it up with. So once I found out I was pregnant I decided to use it to write more personal thoughts that I can give to the baby someday. I wish I had something to go back and read. I'm too sentimental and nerdy I guess. I just think it will be really cool for my child and theirs to read back on how many years down the road.

I also went to Michael's last week to get a scrapbook to start doing for the family. We've already had so many days at the lake, trip to Montana, the zoo, Space Needle, and aquarium in Seattle. I've gotten camera crazy but I think the boys will enjoy helping and adding things to it and to look back on. They had such a great sale that I got another one for nine bucks that I can start for the baby. I'm soooo blessed to have found Jake. It blows my mind everyday how much you can love someone and their kids that aren't even yours biologically. It grows and grows everyday. I think my heart is gonna explode when I see him and the boys with our little replica.

andddd I think that's enough of that. Getting all emotional...I need to save that for tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. what happened to N's Mohoawk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In that pic he had it laid down from a shower. It was getting SO tall that it was all separated and wouldn't stand up very well anymore. We downgraded to a cute little faux hawk for school later that night :)

    ReplyDelete